For General rules for Phase II of UmanG 2017, please click here.
General rules for the category are:
- The participants are requested to submit the track in Pen Drive/Compact Disc before the event with the coordinator to avoid technical disturbance(s).
- We won’t accept the track/participation after the cut-off time or at the last minute.
- Tracks should be submitted to the event coordinator before 12 hours of the event. Tracks should not include abusive and vulgar words/lyrics, if found then the participation will be cancelled.
- Multiple songs as per the theme can be clubbed into one for the performance.
- Participant(s) are also advised to not to disclose the name of the Institution whilst their performance.
- Participants will be responsible for their own props & belongings.
- Lighting of matchsticks, candles and cigarettes or any derogatory acts are strictly not allowed on stage.
- Choice of song is restricted as per the permissible theme for each category of the event(s).
- The participants will be judged out of 20 marks on the basis of their rhythm, formation, synchronization, expressions, costumes, makeup, setup and overall appeal of the performance.
- If the number of teams/individual is less than five in any event of this category then we have all the rights to withdraw the event and refund the amount.
- The above said rules may be altered (if required & necessary) by the Judges.
- The decision of the Judges will be Final & Binding.
Classical (Solo): Meera-Prem
Folk (Solo/Duet/Group): Cultural dance of any province/state of India
Bollywood (Solo/Duet/Group): Compositions filmed on Salman Khan
Western (Solo/Duet/Group): Signature moves of MJ & Lyrical Dance Form
Registration fee : INR 30 per participant (If not registered already)
Round I: General Round (Compulsory)
This round is a general round and compulsory for the all the participants of the category.
Solo (Classical / Folk / Bollywood / Western):
- Event is for an Individual Participant.
- Time duration will be Minimum 04 & Maximum 05 minutes for the performance.
Duet (Folk / Bollywood / Western):
- Event is for Two Participants.
- Time duration will be Minimum 05 & Maximum 06 minutes for the performance.
Group (Folk / Bollywood / Western):
- Event is for Minimum 04 & Maximum 08 Participants.
- Time duration will be Minimum 06 & Maximum 07 minutes for the performance.
Round II: Challenge Round (Optional)
For the first time ever we are introducing a bonus challenge round for the participants to score more points with their performance in 90 seconds.
The rules for the same are as follows:
- The participants who will dare to accept the challenge will get Two extra point out of Ten marks apart from the marks secured during his/her performance and have to ensure the adherence to the category for which they are participating.
- Rest eight points will be based on the performance of the participant(s) on the random track played by the organizers out of the announced track list.*
- The act should not be derogatory or vulgar.
*Note: Organizers will release the list of tracks(at out facebook channel @umangthefest latest by 12th April 2017) which will be played in the challenge round.